Sunday, July 21, 2013

EDIM 514: Digital Story Created with a Cell Phone

The question of why I became a teacher or how I knew I wanted to be a teacher is one I am asked often.  I typically answer with a simple, "Well, I really like working with kids..." or "I want to make a difference and touch the future."  However, when tasked with sitting down and really answering how I knew I was going to be an educator, there were several reasons.

I've outline those reasons in a digital story created with VoiceThread. In addition to answering that question in the form of a digital story, I could only use my cell phone to find/create the visual and audio content.  I was able to access my personal photos from both my cell phone's SD card, my Flickr account, and one photo from my Facebook account.  I uploaded these photos to VoiceThread and then used the phone option to record my narration. In order to record the narration for each "slide" (each photo), I had to enter my phone number, wait a few seconds for VoiceThread to call me, listen to the introduction, speak, and then hang up.  It was a little time consuming doing each individual phone call, but the comments were there on each slide very quickly.  It's surprising but also exciting to know that so much can be done with just a phone.  I'm sure Alexander Graham Bell never dreamed that his original invention would be capable of so much today!

No comments:

Post a Comment